If you’re not sure what to do with your butternut squash, why not mash it up and make this delicious dish for family or friends. Super easy to prep and if you’re not able to finish it all, just freeze the rest for later.
Do let me know if you try it and happy cooking!!
- 2 TABLESPOONS COCONUT OIL
- 1 MEDIUM BUTTERNUT SQUASH (peeled, de-seeded and diced)
- 1 LARGE ONION (diced)
- 400g TURKEY MINCE
- 1 SMALL PACKET CUBETTI DI PANCETTA
- 2 TABLESPOONS ORGANIC TOMATO PASTE
- 1 SMALL CUP OF WATER
- SALT, PEPPER AND THYME TO TASTE
Add one tablespoon of the coconut oil into a large frying pan, add the mince and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Fry until brown. Add onions and sautée and add the two tablespoons of tomato paste. Simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
Add the other tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pot and lightly fry the butternut squash. Add the cup of water and simmer until soft enough to mash (about 15-20mins).